Why strength training?
We know health, we know wellness, and we know fitness. We know how to make you a faster, stronger and a better athlete. We know how to put a program together that’s safe and effective, and will help you reach your goals with our Fairfax personal training program.
Why is personal training at Fast Track Sports Medicine & Performance Center different?
We offer a unique, private, judgment-free setting where you can safely and effectively work toward improving your health and wellness. Our strength coaches have a wide variety of expertise that allows us to help clients from all walks of life. Whether you have an old injury that has held you back from exercise, a medical condition that causes you apprehension about making changes to your health or an athlete looking to gain an edge over your competition – whatever your concern, the Fast Track Sports Medicine & Performance Center’s physical therapists are ready to help you going again. All of our professionals work hand in hand, consulting on your progress and are available to address your individual needs along the way.
Benefits of a Strength Coach/ Personal Trainer
We all know that we should exercise, so why hire a professional to assist you along the way? Here are some great benefits of hiring a personal trainer.
- Personalized Workout: Strength coaches create a specific workout plan just for you during both 1:1 and semi-private classes.based on the goals you want to achieve. This isn’t a one-size-fits-all workout routine you’d find in a book or magazine. The personalized plan is tailored to your goals, needs, and allowances for your current physical condition and medical background. They can make accommodations to the program if you have an injury, bad back or knees, or a medical condition.
- Instruction: A professional strength coach teaches the proper way to perform each exercise movement in your routine. They demonstrate the movement, coaches you through it, and corrects any issues with your posture or technique. Learning how to perform exercises properly reduces your risk of injury and increases the movement’s efficacy. When you can perform a move the right way, it increases the likelihood that you’ll do it on your own at home or at the gym after your training sessions.
- Motivation and Accountability: Motivation is often difficult to maintain when you exercise on your own. Regular sessions with a personal trainer create accountability, which is a real motivator to not let down yourself or them. But there’s also something to be said for feeding that part of our brain that craves praise. Hearing a strength coach celebrate your consistency, progress, or even proper technique can be a real boost when you feel like throwing in the towel.
- Variety: If your workouts have previously felt complacent, an experienced trainer ensures you won’t be bored anytime soon. They teach a variety of exercise methods, and with some trainers, no two sessions will look the same. Between machines, bodyweight exercises, free weights, and equipment like medicine balls and TRX, there’s no end to the combinations you could be working on. Trainers also help you make adjustments as your fitness level improves to ensure continued progress; so you won’t plateau or feel stuck in the same old routine.
- Efficiency: An experienced strength coach will make the most of your workout time, which increases the efficiency of your exercise program. This is especially beneficial when you have a limited amount of time to exercise. They’ll know how to optimize every minute you have available in the gym to get the biggest burn for your buck
Benefits of Exercise
Why should you consider regular exercise as part of your lifestyle? The better question is why wouldn’t you exercise?! The benefits of regular exercise on all aspects of health and wellness is well established in both the professional literature and anecdotal reports of countless professionals and participants worldwide. Here are a few to consider (source – mayoclinic.org):
Take advantage of a customized strength training program catered to you, designed to improve your health by reducing imbalances in the body, and based on functional strength training and corrective exercise. The Fast Track Sports Medicine & Performance Center’s strength training programs allow us to identify, correct, and prevent musculoskeletal imbalances before they produce pain and injury while maximizing your performance gains.
We offer several different training options to better serve your needs. Contact Fast Track Sports Medicine & Performance Center to learn more.
How It Works:
Call us at 703-237-3930 to get started.
Schedule your 60-minute individual assessment.
Choose between one-on-one or semi-private training.
The advantage of one-on-one training is that you receive direct supervision and the undivided attention of your strength coach throughout the entire session. This type of training is particularly great for individuals with a history of injury, new to strength training, or need flexibility in scheduling.
Nothing is more motivating than peer pressure. Grab some friends and train in a small group with up to 5 individuals. Unlike most group training models, each individual receives their own customized program including mobility and corrective exercises.
This is the most efficient and economical way to train. Choose from single sessions.