Do you take my insurance?
We work with all major insurance plans as an out-of-network provider. Out-of-network does not mean “no insurance”. You can absolutely use your insurance benefits to receive payment for Resurgent Sports Rehab services.
What are the benefits of out-of-network?
We are able to provide customized one-on-one sessions without the restrictions of in-network limitations to accelerate your care. Insurances will often dictate a limited number of sessions based on “normal function” that only include sitting, standing, and walking. Payment for running, lifting, and returning to sport have been denied as “not medically necessary” to providers. Ironically, our experience has been that these same insurance companies DO reimburse the client for these higher level activities and are more consistent in payments without denials.
Furthermore, we don’t believe group settings with assistants are effective for athletes as very specific movement patterns need to be addressed with precision. We can provide as much hands-on, exercise, analysis, and movement retraining that you need on any given day. Additionally, our rates our fixed, and you will never receive an unexpected bill.
There are some instances when out-of-network services can SAVE you money versus going in-network. These include:
- High deductible plans: If you are paying down a high deductible, our rates and packages are often less then in-network rates (typically $250+)
- Health Savings/ Flex Accounts: You are able to budget use of these accounts with flat rates. Our rates our typically lower than self pay rates at in-network facilities, but with the added benefit of one-on-one care
- No health insurance: If you have no coverage, you can save money with our lower rates and packages with fixed costs.
How do I get paid by my insurance company?:
- STEP 1: Verify your benefits. Ask for “out-of-network physical therapy benefits. If you need assistance, feel free to call us at 703-698-7888 with your insurance information. We will contact your insurance company for you and explain your coverage.
- STEP 2: Pay for your session. The cost of the session will be collected in full following your service. You will then receive an emailed receipt with the information your insurance company needs to process the claim.
- STEP 3: Submit for reimbursement. The fastest way to submit is through your insurance company online portal. If you do not have one, call your insurance and ask for a member claim form to mail with your Resurgent receipt.
- STEP 4: Get your money. Your insurance company will mail the reimbursable portion of the payment directly to you.
MEDICARE PART B: We are in-network with Medicare Part B as we are not otherwise allowed to accept cash for physical therapy services from our Medicare clients. We want to make sure everyone has access to our services, and do not want to turn away our Masters Athletes. We will submit your claims for you and additionally provide our high standard one-on-one care.
Do you have any other questions about payment or using your insurance for Resurgent services? Call 703-698-7888 or email Julia@resurgentsports.com.